BOOK AND CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCEPutting the safety of our guests and crew first with MSC's leading protocol
MSC Cruises is offering a safe and stress-free holiday option for you and your loved ones thanks to our stringent MSC Cruises Health & Safety Protocol.
MSC Cruises health and safety measures are subject to change and will adapt according to the evolution of the pandemic.
ALL GUESTS AND CREW
VACCINATED AND TESTED
PEACE OF MIND
AND AFTER THE CRUISE
A FULL EXPERIENCE TO MAKE
YOUR CRUISE SAFE & ENJOYABLE
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS BY COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE
AND CRUISE DESTINATIONPlease select the destination below
Before booking your cruise, please check HERE if you are allowed to embark according to your country of residence. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there might be international travel restrictions depending on your cruise destination and your country of residence.
How we protect your health & safety
before, during and after your cruise
the ONBOARD EXPERIENCEWe are committed to preserving the uniqueness of the onboard experience whilst ensuring that your health and safety are protected. You will continue to enjoy unique experiences including award-winning shows, world-class dining, excursions, family activities, boutique shopping, beauty and fitness services, engaging events and much more. Onboard services are subject to changes based on local regulations or other restrictions, in the context of the COVID-19 situation
We prepared a list of Frequent Asked Quesions (FAQ) to quickly get answers to you for the most common questions
- Are there any travel restrictions under the new protocol, such as current health status, past medical history or age
- What is the MSC Covid-19 Protection Plan?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic that the world is still facing, MSC offers a COVID Protection Plan- an insurance policy specifically for these COVID-19 risks and this can be added to the cruise whilst making the booking. The Covid Protection Plan is applicable to all departures on sales from 2021-2022 Winter season onwards. Guests will be required to provide evidence of their insurance policy and this should include the details of the insurer, the insured amounts, and full details of the COVID-19 coverage such as cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance and expenses, and hospitalization. Effective immediately, before finalizing the reservation, it will be possible to add to the cruise the MSC COVID-19 Protection plan at the price of 25€ per person for short-haul destinations (Mediterranean and Northern Europe cruises), 29€ for Long Haul destinations (Caribbean & Antilles, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the Red Sea, South America and Positioning cruises) and 45€ for World Cruise.
Alternatively, you may purchase another insurance coverage of your choice provided that the above risks are covered.
The proof of the insurance policy (e.g. certificate, schedule, policy summary) which must be in English, Italian, German, French or Spanish - clearly showing the COVID-19 coverage - must be presented at embarkation. Passengers failing to provide this documentation will be denied boarding.
For any additional information please refer to our Contact Center or consult your Travel Agent
- What if I am not compliant with MSC Health and Safety Protocol Requirements?
Our guests who have booked directly with MSC can use our form, those who have booked via travel agency are kindly invited to refer to their travel agent.
EMBARKATION / DISEMBARKATION
- What will happen if embarkation is denied to a guest for health reasons?
If a guest is then not considered fit to travel, they will be assisted in their next steps of a return home or will be potentially being treated in a local medical facility to ensure maximum support and care. All guests will be fully protected by the required Covid-19 Protection insurance.
- What safety protocols will be implemented on transfers and shuttles?
We are extending our enhanced health and hygiene measures to all MSC transfers, including:
- Cleaning and sanitisation of all vehicles before any new group of guests
- Availability of hand sanitisation stations and disinfectant mats for footwear
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all drivers
- Reduced number of guests with selected seats empty to ensure social distancing
- How are you cleaning and sanitising the guest cabins?
Every cabin will be deep cleaned at the end of each cruise before the next guests arrive for their holiday.
- How often are you sanitising public areas?
- What measures are you taking for the disembarkation process at the end of a cruise?
- How will the check-in take place?
Before the cruise, the collection of contact details for each guest is mandatory in case of important updates. Proceeding to the web check-in allow guests to receive cruise tickets, travel documentation and mandatory health questionnaires. On the embarkation day, guests should arrive at the time indicated on the cruise ticket to facilitate responsible social distancing, with travel documentation, vaccination certificate (must be valid for the whole duration of the cruise), negative Covid test certificates and health questionnaires. As per our stringent MSC Health & Safety protocol, all guests both vaccinated and unvaccinated, will need to undergo Health and COVID-19 screenings including but not limited to a health questionnaire and a contactless temperature check at the terminal before boarding. A newly designed processes for embarkation has been implemented to manage the guest flow, to limit lines and contacts. Before the cruise, MSC Cruises invites all guests to download for free the MSC for Me app to start booking additional services, to secure space and to ensure a seamless onboard experience.
ONBOARD MEDICAL SERVICES
- What happens if there is a suspected case of COVID-19 on board?
All guests will be fully protected by the required Covid-19 Protection insurance.
- Have you agreed with specific ports that they will welcome your ships that have positive cases on board for medical assistance ashore?
- Do you have certified COVID-19 tests on board your ships?
- How the health of anyone on board is monitored?
MEASURES REQUIRED ON BOARD
- Which measures are required on board?
The wearing of face masks is highly recommended. In certain circumstances this recommendation might be due to a mandatory requirement in accordance with applicable health authorities regulations of a country or port of call visited. When ashore, guests must also follow any local regulations regarding face mask usage. These protocols are subject to change.
DINE & DRINK
- How will the Main Dining experience change?
- Will the self-service at buffet be available?
- Will there be any changes to the bars and lounges?
- How I can prebook my drinks or restaurants onboard?
- How I can get the restaurants and drinks menu at bars and restaurants?
ENTERTAINMENT & SERVICES
- Will guests still be able to enjoy the theatre shows and other activities?
Guests will enjoy our onboard award-winning entertainment but with a few changes:
- We are reducing the capacity of the theatre to allow for empty seats between guests
- The entertainment programme will be extended so that all guests can enjoy our award-winning shows
- Shows and activities will be pre-booked to manage the number of participants
The wearing of face masks is highly recommended. In certain circumstances this recommendation might be due to a mandatory requirement in accordance with applicable health authorities regulations of a country or port of call visited.
- Will the Kids Club be open and what kind of kids’ activities will be available?
New measures include reduced capacity, a streamlined registration process, contactless temperature check and hand sanitizer provided upon entry. We're adding new exciting activities and family game shows that will be available for booking up to one day in advance. Toys and water will be provided by our staff, while we'll keep out personal belongings as an additional safety measure.
Onboard services are subject to changes based on local regulations or other restrictions, in the context of the COVID-19 situation.
- Will you still have Spa and Fitness services available to guests?
For their health and comfort, guests will pre-book spa treatments, fitness sessions and thermal area visits by phone.
Fitness machines and equipment, spa areas and treatment rooms will be thoroughly sanitised after each use as well as deep-cleaned and disinfected every night.
All Spa staff have been trained on rigorous health and sanitation measures and will wear appropriate protective equipment.
Book now your Spa Packages!
*Due to the increased Health & Safety measures in order to grant a safe cruise for all our guests Thermal Area experiences are by appointment only.
- Will there be any restrictions to visit some ports?
BLUE RIBBON COVID EXPERT GROUP
The MSC Cruises Health & Safety Protocol has been developed together with the Blue Ribbon Covid Expert Group,
comprised by highly qualified and internationally respected experts in the fields of health and safety