Geneva, Switzerland – 14th June 2022 – MSC World Europa welcomes her first guests in December 2022, they will embark upon a gastronomic journey across more than 30 different international and immersive food and beverage concepts, driven by creative expression and seasonality.
MSC Cruises is renowned for offering guests an incredible choice of restaurants and bars featuring globally inspired menus. With numerous global speciality dining concepts that have become so popular they have been rolled out across the fleet, the cruise line’s focus on culinary artistry pushes the boundaries of ship-board dining to deliver new experiences that complement every moment of the cruise - and with MSC World Europa this has been taken to a whole new level.
Jacques Van Staden, Vice President of Food & Beverage, MSC Cruises, said: “The food and beverage experience on board MSC World Europa – much like the ship itself – has been designed with the future in mind, from sustainable sourcing and fresh farm-to-ocean ingredients, we have pulled out all the stops to offer a varied and unabridged dining offering for the next generation cruiser. Each new concept aims to go beyond what traditional venues achieved in the past and focus on crafted, artisanal and immersive experiences that will revolutionise the place dining holds in the overall cruise experience. We are eager for guests to discover what we have in store and savour the world while traveling with us.”
MSC World Europa’s further enriched offering includes 20 bars and lounges, and 13 next-level dining venues, for a distinct gastronomic journey of discovery that offers guests everything from fine dining to casual and fun, elevating the guest experience with a host of innovations and exciting new collaborations.
BARS & LOUNGES: FROM MORNING COFFEE TO LATE-NIGHT COCKTAILS
The future of cruising involves going beyond previous guest expectations, to build new sophisticated and immersive venues and MSC World Europa is brimming with seven brand new concepts and ways to and intoxicate the senses. Chief among these, guests will find:
- NEW! Coffee Emporium. This sleek and modern coffee house is a coffee connoisseur’s dream. Choose from some of the world’s best coffee beans. Then select your favourite brewing and serving style with options including French, Italian, Turkish and Moroccan, served with corresponding international sweet treats. All of these special coffees can be enjoyed in the buzzy café or on the outdoor patio from morning through to cocktail hour, where a mean espresso martini will be the order of the day.
NEW! Raj Polo Tea House takes a step back in time to turn-of-the-century India, where Indian and English tea traditions converge in a relaxing tropical setting. Guests may find their way here for time-honoured English Breakfast and High Tea, perfectly juxtaposed with new, trendier beverage options such as cold-brewed and iced tea selections, tea infused cocktails, and tea digestives with tasty accoutrements.
- Masters of the Sea: MSC Cruises’ signature British pub reaches new heights, both literally and figuratively. The new locale features two levels from which to enjoy live music and drinks, and includes a NEW! full-scale onboard micro-brewery where MSC signature will be brewed directly on board, thanks to a new collaboration an award-winning master brewer with details to be revealed very soon!
- NEW! The Gin Project is a must-stop shop for gin aficionados with over 70 craft gins, with classic cocktails expertly prepared by gin-tenders along with a vintage Crawley’s shaker, where guests can test their hand at shaking their own botanical cocktails.
- NEW! Elixir - Mixology Bar is THE “It Bar” for cool and edgy cocktails, with expert mixologists creating handcrafted concoctions, featuring delicious Fever Tree mixers. This space also offers an outdoor terrace to enjoy pre- and post-meal beverages while watching the waves go by under the stars, as well as a dedicated Liquor Corner for tasting your favourite spirits.
- Fizz - Champagne Bar elevates the bubbles experience from previous ships with a dedicated venue. This sumptuous lounge offers an elegant atmosphere to enjoy decadent Champagne and sparkling wine, a selection of caviar, chilled seafood and more.
Other new hotspots include a healthy green Zest - Juice Bar, the Malt Lounge for fine cigars with an incredible choice of whisky or cognac, Sweet Temptations – the ultimate gelato and frozen yoghurt bar, where kids can build their own frozen yoghurt and magnum ice cream bars, and many more to be discovered on board.
FRESH AND DELECTABLE DINING FOR EVERY PALATE
The dining selection on board MSC World Europa also offers its own mesmerizing new concepts to enjoy, as well as popular favourites that guests will want to come back to again and again. Offering evermore styles and fresher than fresh sourcing, the options are seemingly endless.
- NEW! Chef’s Garden Kitchen is an oasis for foodies that focuses on flavourful, seasonal farm-to-ocean cooking, with hydroponic microgreens grown and harvested directly on board. The microgreens and lush greenery serve as the ultimate backdrop, set against an open chef’s table kitchen and complete with al fresco dining options.
- NEW! La Pescaderia offers a fresh selection of seafood in a market-style setting, complete with a fresh fish display, where guests may choose their whole fish or from a selection of takeaway options. The restaurant prepares traditional seafood, complemented with a variety of Mediterranean mezze, and includes outdoor patio seating.
- NEW! Luna Park Pizza & Burger is a casual buffet, featuring bright ambiance and inventive design elements for all ages. The interactive experience includes family games and a fun menu featuring classic American fare from “coney dogs” and salted pretzels to funnel cake.
Perennial specialty restaurant favourites will also be found on board, including the American-style steakhouse Butcher’s Cut, fun and flavourful Asian-inspired Kaito Teppanyaki & Sushi Bar, and newly launched Latin American street food-inspired Hola! Tacos & Cantina.
Main dining options are served in Bubbles, La Foglia, Esagono, Hexagon Restaurants, Il Mercato Buffet and La Brasserie Buffet. Aurea guests will also enjoy exclusive access to Les Dunes Restaurant.
MSC World Europa is currently under construction at Chantiers de l’Atlantique in Saint Nazaire, France and will welcome her first guests from December 2022. She will spend her inaugural season in the Arabian Gulf region, providing the ultimate winter sun cruise experience, when guests will enjoy 7-night cruises from Dubai. The ship will sail to the nearby modern metropolis of Abu Dhabi, on to Sir Bani Yas Island, Dammam in Saudi Arabia and the breath-taking Al Ahsa oasis, a UNESCO World Heritage site, before heading to futuristic Doha, Qatar, and returning to Dubai with an overnight in the city to discover all the marvels it has to offer.
Departing Dubai on March 25, 2023, MSC World Europa will head to the Mediterranean Sea. In summer 2023, she will offer 7-night cruises calling at the Italian ports of Genoa, Naples and Messina, as well as Valletta in Malta, Barcelona in Spain and Marseille in France.
For more information about MSC World Europa, please click here.